Team Feature is currently seeking foreign language instructors capable of delivering proficiency-based foreign language instruction in a virtual classroom in support of the Air Force LEAP eMentor program. Instructors must be able to create and adjust curricula relative to the target language and needs of their specific participants, administer the curricula, schedule participant classroom activities, provide one-on-one coaching, facilitate group exercises/activities, and grade and provide feedback on homework and exams. Instructors must be able to conduct post-course assessments in all four modalities: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Instruction is scheduled 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Candidates must be flexible in their availability and be willing to take assignments outside of a typical work schedule. Candidate must also have access to a private, reliable computer and a high-speed Internet connection that is capable of delivering online lessons without interruption.
Immediate Languages Required:
Team Feature requires instructors in all languages. The languages below are needed immediately.
All other Languages.
- Native speaker in the target language (no less than ILR 3/3/3 or ACTFL Superior).
- Two years of experience teaching online to adult, military or federal government students in an intensive environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in History, Political Science, International Relations, Anthropology, Archeology or Cultural Geography with a speciality related to the target language or a related field or 5 years of rich, embedded experiences in the culture of the target language.
- Working knowledge of US and target language military cultural, technical and military concepts, vocabulary, and terms required of eMentor curriculum. This includes concepts such as rank structure, the country and region’s military systems, intelligence agencies, and information on how the country and region’s militaries and government relate to, and engage with, the military and government of the United States.
- Working knowledge of current events in the countries and regions of the target language and the ability to incorporate this knowledge into the curriculum.
- Experience with developing curriculum, lesson plans and tasks in the target language
- Strong computer skills and proven experience using web conference tools such as video sharing and virtual whiteboards.
- Proven experience using a learning management system to support language instruction including the use of web-based tools to build assessments and lessons.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA