Instructional Designer (Curriculum Specialist/Curriculum Designer/Curriculum and Instruction Specialist):
ID is a member of the Training Team and provides expert guidance on the best use of instructional technologies to enhance teaching of both online and blended foreign language courses. ID works closely with the Training Team to assess learner needs and styles, design effective approaches for the online component of learning, to include designing of activities, assessments, use of LMS, ensuring that appropriate technology solutions and technology accessibility are implemented.
ID works with minimal supervision and is responsible for overseeing projects. Through the design process, the ID serves as an expert and project manager, establishes cooperation among various team-members, and tracks project milestones and delivery dates.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Advises in the selection and integration of instructional technologies
- Consults with Training Department staff and SMEs to support the design and the development of language courses
- Assists Training Department to identify and to develop effective learning goals and course activities
- Establishes and manages resources to meet the project timelines
- Researches and develops materials on best practices in learning design, for use in courses and Training Department staff development
- Designs and implements Training Department workshops and one-on-one training on technology
- Establishes technical support system for effective online teaching
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, or related field such as Curriculum Development/Curriculum and Instruction Design, etc.
- 3 years of experience in education technology with demonstrated knowledge of face-to-face, blended and online course design and development
- Teaching experience is required; preferred language teaching degree and/or experience
- Foreign language proficiency required
- Experience in designing and supporting online courses, with a variety of online tools and LMS
- Knowledge of formative and summative assessment designs and instruments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse staff
- Team player with ability to timely complete projects
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA