ICA Language Services Testing Department is looking for a Korean Test Developer to develop written translation exams from the Korean language into English.
Test Developer Qualification Requirements:
* An educated native speaker of the required foreign language (ILR 4-5)
* Translation experience (from a foreign language into English) preferred
* Proficient in English, able to provide summaries and explanations about the test material (ILR 3 or higher)
* Computer skills (use of the internet, email, MS Word editing tools)
* Able to identify and rate authentic source text passages on the ILR scale (ICA Testing Department will provide training, if this requirement is lacking.)
* Detail oriented
Test Developer’s Tasks:
* Identifying and rating Korean authentic passages on the ILR scale (levels needed: 2, 2+, 3 and 4)
* Providing justification on the text selection
* Providing literal translation
* Providing idiomatic translation (if selected to do this task)
The initial orientation/training should take place either in person at ICA Testing Department or via Skype.
Ideally, the first couple of passages should be developed under close supervision at ICA. If this is not possible, all work can be done remotely. It is essential that a test developer can respond by email within 24 to 48 hours. This project is approximately 40 hours for the whole project.
Please submit an updated version of your resume should you be interested.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA
ICA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.