ICA is currently seeking a Serbo-Croatian language Instructor. Preferably, the candidate should have at least two years’ experience teaching the target language in a proficiency-oriented environment to adult students on an intensive basis. This position is an hourly position in ICA’s facility in Arlington, Virginia.
- Period of Performance: ASAP – 5/18/2018
- Training Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 5 hrs per day
- Preferred Training Time: TBD
- Training program will include homework activities and should focus on developing the language skills such as: Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar, Pronunciation, and Culture
- The student will train five contract hours a day. Contact hours may consist either direct learning activities or facilitating semi-autonomous lessons. Generally, no more than two hours of semi-autonomous training per day is allowed. A lunch break of at least 30 minutes is required no later than two hours before the end of the instructional day.
- One hour of preparation is required for every three hours of formal full-time instruction and will be compensated at the agreed upon instructional rate. The instructors must perform these duties within the ICA premises.
- Two years of full-time experience teaching adult students
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Native Speaker
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA